RE: [802.21] An issue regarding primitives!

Hi all,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Gupta, Vivek G [mailto:vivek.g.gupta@INTEL.COM]
Envoyé : mercredi 14 décembre 2005 13:38
Ŕ : STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Objet : Re: [802.21] An issue regarding primitives!

[Vivek G Gupta]
Currently we have defined Remote link events as well in the draft (though it would be better to have all link events as local only and the corresponding MIH events as remote, to avoid having two sets of similar remote events).
MIH entities can register with peer MIH entities to receive remote link/MIH events. The link layer by itself has no knowledge about a link event being remote. From link layer perspective the event destination is always the local MIH Function. The local MIH Function determines whether to consume the event locally or package it and transport it to peer MIH Function entities as well, depending on specific event registration requests received from peer MIH-F entities.

[MP] So I guess we should update Figure 15 - Link Events Flow Model (page 37, section 6.1.4).
It shows the link event (the arrow tagged "remote events") going from the network PoA's MAC to the Client MAC, and then to MIH. The Link_Event.indication should not be on the Client side, but on the Network PoA side, from MAC to MIH.
Then a "Remote Event" arrow should go from the Network PoA's MIH to the Client's MIH.
Further, I don't think the Link_Event_Register.request/confirm remote messages should go from the client's MAC to the Network PoA's MAC, but rather from the Client's MIH to the PoA's MIH, and then there should be a local interaction between the PoA's MIH and the PoA's MAC, to register for the event.
I think my explanation is a bit confusing... Sorry about that...

By the way, in this figure, there is a primitive called Link_Event.request/response (Remote Event Generation),
And I guess we haven't defined this primitive yet...

The best thing to do to clarify all this would be to have 4 figures in section 6.1.4: Link Events Local, Link Events Remote, MIH Events Local, MIH Events Remote. Each of the figure should show the registration mechanism and the occurrence of an event.

> >The local MIH Function can determine
> >if these events need to be sent to remote/peer MIH entities or not
> >depending on remote/peer MIH registration for these events etc.
>
> Here is the place where I am not understanding, how can an MIHF
> dertermine this? on what basis?
[Vivek G Gupta]
MIH entities register with their peer MIH counterparts indicating the events they are interested in receiving notifications for. MIH Event Register/ MIH Event Deregister should take care of this. We need to expand on these primitives in current draft (version 4). On receiving this registration request a MIH-F entity may issue local Link Register Event request to receive appropriate link events.

> In draft 3, section 6.1.5, it is mentioned:
[Vivek G Gupta]
Please use draft version D00.04.

> "EventSource: is used to identify the event source entity where  the
> event originated"
>
>  I understand with this, that if a registration has to be made  by
> MIHF, then the destination to which the registration req. has  to be
> sent by MIHF is "EventSource".
>
>  Now let us assume that MIHF-A and MIHF-B sends a remote registraion
> to MIHF-C. In both cases MIHF-A and MIHF-B uses the same EventSource.
[Vivek G Gupta]
As part of this registration MIHF-C should get the ID and any other relevant details of MIHF-A and MIHF-B. We should explain this better in MIH Event Register/Deregister.

>  If the event occures at MIHF-C, it has to send an indication  to
> MIHF-A and MIHF-B. Where does MIHF-C gets the ID of A and B?
[Vivek G Gupta]
See above.

> In the above example, I can replace MIHF-A with USER-A and MIHF-B with
> USER-B. MIHF-C is the MIHF in a peer.
[Vivek G Gupta]
If MIHF-A is USER-A, then MIHF-C still sends the indication to peer MIHF entity which then sends an indication up the local stack to USER-A. MIH-F entities send remote messages only to peer MIH-F entities. The local MIH-F entity has to manage dispatching of messages to registered clients locally.

> Sorry for bothering you, but I feel I miss somthing here in
> understanding.
>
> > But all MIH_SAP primitives (commands) have a Destination Identifier
> > associated with them. Please refer to section
> > 7 for details on different MIH command related primitives.
>
> Yes, I agree with this and that is what I was pointing out with
> "discrepancy with the general primitive syntax for command".
> In this case we may have to extend the general syntax in section 6.2,
> draft 3 with CommandDestination parameter.
[Vivek G Gupta]
Yes. That appears correct. We need to update only the general set of primitives. However the discrepancy is only in section 6 and section 7 which has all the primitives seems ok.