RE: [802.21] IS Higher Layer Transport Requirements: update on conf call on December 8

Hello Kalyan,
thanks for adding the material to clarify your question. Yes, it is in line with my understanding of your question last week. I apologize if my answer to you question during the meeting was not clear. From my point of view, the consumer of IETF MIH-IEs is the MIHF. With option 3c the protocol defined by 802.21 goes to IETF, and IETF can enhance it by adding new IEs and possibly new fields to the MIH header (e.g. for security). The result is a protocol that the MIHF will process entirely. Now, we need to distinguish between the logical split of functionality and the implementation. One way of implementing it is what you indicated in the slides you sent with the transport adapter. However, logically the idea is in slide 4 of the enclosed set. Please note that I made a mistake in the picture of option 3c, and slide 3 of the enclosed set has the actual representation I had in mind.
Thanks,
Stefano

21-05-0408-01-0000-IETFInvolvment_sfa.ppt