Re: [802.21] Ad hoc telecon for Dec 13th

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 02:00:49AM -0800, Gupta, Vivek G wrote:
> I agree with Cheng Hong here. The peer MIHF entities only need to know about each other. MIHF within a MN/UE can be made responsible for dispatching MIHF related messages (even those received from remote MIHF entities) to different local MIH Users within a MN/UE.
>
> Any thoughts on what the MIHF Identifier should be? (New unique identifier, L2/L3 address, etc...?)
> Should this be part of the MIH Function protocol (as shown in current draft) or is this likely to be specified as part of transport specific header as well and so is not required in MIHF header?

If the MIHF Identifier is L2/L3 address it should be part of transport
specific header not in the MIHF header.  I see no reason for the MIHF
Identifier to be something other than L2/L3 address while I think some
additional identifier may be needed in the MIH header if there are
multiple simultaneous MIH sessions between a pair of communicating
MIHFs.

Yoshihiro Ohba