RE: [802.21] MIH Protocol message naming

MIH protocol message format is used for remote message exchange between MIH
function entities remotely. Because of the nature of the MIH, there are two
transport mechanism one is using control plane and the other is using data
plane either L2 or L3.
When control plane is used, message format is media dependent and primitives
will provide information to the media specific MAC for MIH related
signaling.
When Data plane is used, message format defined in Section 8 will be used.
IMO, with this understanding, naming should be similar to the primitives.
Because media dependent management frames will use different name, their own
name and will covey contents provided by primitives.
For example, we have 802.16 generic MAC management message container
accepted at last meeting. In that container, messages defined in section 8.4
will be encapsulated without MIH message header. If media specific group
decided to extend their management messages, e.g, 802.16 MOB_BSHO_REQ /RSP
to include MIH related information, then nothing defined in section 8 will
affect the message. Primitives will provide information to the specific MAC
layer for MIH related information. If we just want to use new ethertype or
layer 3-this is a case of using data plane-, then in layer 2 data frame or
layer 3 data frame MIH Packet format defined in section 8 will be
encapsulated.

Thanks,
-Ronny