Re: [802.21] Request for IETF MIPSHOP charter review

My comments on MIPSHOP charter are below.

Technical:

"
(5) Work on areas of mutual interest to IEEE 802.21 and MIPSHOP:

- Produce the required protocol enhancements or specifications for
IP-based support of Media-Independent Information, Command and Event
Services.

- Documents: draft-ietf-mipshop-mih-info-elements-XX.txt (transport of
802.21 information elements over IP),
draft-ietf-mipshop-mih-support-XX.txt (transport of 802.21 services
over IP, including security aspects)
"

What is the difference between "transport of 802.21 information
elements over IP" and "transport of 802.21 services"?  The latter
transport seems to cover the former.  Please clarify.

Does draft-ietf-mipshop-mih-info-elements-XX.txt include definition of
higher-layer information elements?  If the answer is yes, the charter
should explicitly state so.

Do these two documents only contain solutions part?  If the answer is
yes, the WG should also work on separate document(s) for problem
statement and requirements used as the basis for developing the
solutions.  If the answer is no, the charter should explicitly state
that problem statement and requirements are part of one or both of the
documents.

Editorial:

"
A liaison with IEEE 802.21 has been established, and access to the
IEEE 802.21 drafts is granted to mipshop members. Interested members
need to send a request to the WG chairs in order to obtain a copy of
the current IEEE 802.11 draft.
"

s/802.11 draft/802.21 draft/

"
JAN 06 Submit draft-ietf-mipshop-mih-info-elements-XX.txt to IESG for
publication as Proposed Standard
"

s/JAN 06/JAN 07/

Regards,