From: Phillip Barber [mailto:pbarber@broadbandmobiletech.com]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 6:19 PM
To: Peretz Feder; Gupta, Vivek G; Kiernan, Brian G.
Cc: STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802.21] Letter Ballot #1 Voting Reminder

75%, yes. And I am sure Brian will correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot remember an 802.16 Working Group Letter Ballot or Sponsor Ballot that was forwarded to the next step in the approval process with less than 96% approval. In fact, it was/is very common for 802.16 to recirculate documents several times even when approval numbers are in the 90% range already. 16f re-circulated (in WG letter ballot) three times after it already had a 93% approval rating.

The 802 EC and the IEEE-SA love to see these kind of approval numbers, especially with large volumes of resolved comments. It demonstrates that the relevant Working Group has given due time and careful consideration in the preparation of their standard, and gives great comfort to approving parties (IEEE 802 EC, Revcom, IEEE-SA Board) that an open and inclusive process has achieved a broad consensus document with substantial and diverse participation.

Thanks,
Phillip Barber
Chief Scientist
Broadband Wireless Solutions