From: ext Phillip Barber [mailto:pbarber@BROADBANDMOBILETECH.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:17 AM
To: STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: Issue #6 Which operator should we expose in IEs? (doc: 21-06-0667-00-0000_Comment Assignments)

I would tend to agree. The mere identification that there is a roaming agreement--that is to say the identification of a Visited CSN (with appropriate AAA) with a roaming agreement to a Mobile Subscriber's Home CSN--is available may very well be adequate.

As for identification of Visited CSNs that have a roaming agreement with a given Home CSN, the list may be presented over-the-air or in a configuration file in the MS, with periodic update. For some networks, over-the-air does not present too much of a problem, when the list is small. For other networks, the list of roaming CSN IDs could be huge making over-the-air impractical, so configuration files that receive periodic update are used.

Thanks,
Phillip Barber
Chief Scientist
Broadband Wireless Solutions