Re: [802.21] SPAM-LOW: Re: [802.21] SPAM-LOW: Re: [802.21] SPAM-LOW: Re: [802.21] Issue #6 Which operator should we expose in IEs? (doc: 21-06-0667-00-0000_Comment Assignments)

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:59:43AM -0700, Gupta, Vivek G wrote:
> > This is where semantic query provided by XML/RDF can be really useful.
> > MN just needs to ask "Is operator A a roaming partner of operator B?"
> > where A is access network operator advertised by the access network
> > and B is the operator to which the MN is subscribed.  And the expected
> > response for the query is just "Yes" or "No".
>
> This can be enabled in other forms (using TLV as well) and is not really
> restricted to XML only. Given that some of the IEs are gonna be quite
> large in size, this may be the preferred way of operating and we need to
> specify such queries that give better performance.

This is true.  On the other hand, it might be hard to come up with a
satisfactory pre-defined set of query patterns for TLV.  There is a
comment on this in D01 commentary and this issue has already been
identified in Annex A of 21-05-0347-00-0000-XML_IS_Introduction.doc.
This is one of the reasons for allowing both TLV and XML.

Yoshihiro Ohba