Re: [802.21] NAS-Port-Type for several wireless technologies

Hi Srini,

We have already decided to use NAS-Port-Type to represent link type
during the comment resolution procedure in the last plenary meeting.
The reason is to avoid the WG's management cost of namespace for link
type (we don't want to revise the 802.21 specification every time a
new link type is defined).  We currently support a subset of these
types, but we don't exclude support for new link types in a future.

Regarding finer granulation in media types such as 802.11a/b/g/n, PoA
PHY Type and PoA MAC Type should be used for that purpose and those
type values should be defined by each media-specific SDO/WG, IMO.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba