From: ext Soohong Daniel Park [mailto:soohong.park@samsung.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:16 AM
To: Sreemanthula Srinivas (Nokia-SIR/Dallas);
STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802.21] Comments on
21-06-0698-01-0000_IP_configuration_methods_IE.doc

Srini,

>>IP_Configuration_Method IE aims to reduce the delay caused by *a small
> number of RA*.
> Are we solving the problem of minimizing the delay when is no RA in
> reponse? My understanding is that this happens only when there is no
> router on the link to provide a RA (/in response to RS).

From the prespective of IPv6 autoconfiguration, it is true. But, there
are still routers not supporting RA.

>> Does it makes sense ?
> I am not sure if this is an issue for the managed radio links we are
> discussing here.

Turning RA off is typically based on the limited radio resources.
Managed radio links are beyond the limited radio resource ?

Regards,

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Convergence Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.