From: Cheng Hong <Hong.Cheng@SG.PANASONIC.COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:40:35 +0800
To: <STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org>
Conversation: [802.21] SAP semantics
Subject: Re: [802.21] SAP semantics

Hi Adrian and all,

What you described is generally true. However, with regard to the original question, I don't think it is necessary to have two separate SAPs.

The question regarding the remote MIH communication is different from a local use case. In a remote scenario, conceptually, the local MIHF becomes a user of the remote MIHF. The command is sent via the MIH Protocol (either via L2 or L3), and should be processed by the remote MIHF. In this case, there should be no problem for the remote MIHF to make use of the MIH_SAP for the commands come in via the MIH Protocol, since functions supported over the MIH protocol should not be different from that of the local MIHF. Therefore, it is rather an optimized design.

cheers

Cheng Hong