Re: [802.21] SAP semantics

Title:
Adrian,

I agree that it much cleaner to have separate SAPs for different functionality and points of communication.

Regards,
-ajay

Stephens, Adrian P wrote:
Hello All,

While Phillip's answer is correct,  I'd say it's not optimal.

The SAP should group together all the primitives that are required
for one instance of a particular entity to provide services to an instance
of another entity.

If each entity is providing services to the other,  I'd respectfully
suggest that two SAPs should be provided.   This should make the
description of the purpose of the SAP clearer.

Also,  architecturally,  it also makes it possible to reroute the
communications,  e.g. to insert a new
entity that relates to just one SAP and has no effect on the other
such as a new fragmentation/reassembly sublayer.

Best Regards,

Adrian