From: ext Yoshihiro Ohba [mailto:yohba@tari.toshiba.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:50 PM
To: Williams Michael.G (Nokia-ES/MtView)
Cc: yohba@tari.toshiba.com; STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: Limit response message length

Hi Michael,

What I am trying to do is to add a new parameter in
MIH_Get_Information.request/indication primitives, which is used for
specifying the maximum size of InfoQueryParameter to be returned in the
corresponding confirm/response primitives, and a new TLV to carry the
parameter in MIH_Get_Information Request message.  This allows the
querier to specify a different MTU for each query so that a smaller size
can be specified for queries performed in State 1 of 802.11.

We could also define error handling for errors relating to message size,
if needed.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba