Re: [802.21] question on MIH event subscription

Hi, Vivek,

> However consider the case of following primitive:
> MIH_MN_HO_Candidate_Query.indication
>
> It is an example of MIH_xxx.indication type of primitive, however I am
> not sure if this is the case of an MIH event. As such MIH Users may not
> need to subscribe for this.

When a MIH_MN_HO_Candidate_Query request message arrives from MIHF_A to
MIHF_B, the arrival of the message will trigger a
MIH_MN_HO_Candidate_Query indication from MIHF_B to its MIH User. This
part seems quite clearly defined in the spec now.

But what if there are multiple MIH Users above MIHF_B? They may be very
different applications and it is possible that not all of them are
interested in getting (or designed to handle) MIH_MN_HO_Candidate_Query
indications.

This can be neatly solved by requiring subscription to receiving
MIH_MN_HO_Candidate_Query indications.

Of cause, the downside is that if no one at MIHF_B subscribes for
MIH_MN_HO_Candidate_Query indication, the message is going to be
basically ignored by MIHF_B. But that seems ok - just as if some one
sent the message to a wrong destination.

regards,
-Qiaobing