发件人: Gupta, Vivek G [mailto:vivek.g.gupta@INTEL.COM]
发送时间: 2007年3月2日 4:03
收件人: STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
主题: Re: [802.21] Do we need a MIH_Set_Status?

[mailto:stds-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG]
> On Behalf Of Qiaobing Xie
> Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 10:06 AM
> To: 802.21 List
> Subject: Do we need a MIH_Set_Status?
>
> All,
>
> We have MIH_Get_Status which can be used to find out the status (e.g.,
> normal mode, power saving mode, power down) of a set of specific
links.
> But we do not have a MIH_Set_Status primitive to, for example, bring a
> link into normal mode from power saving mode.
>
> The closest thing seems to be MIH_Switch w/ old link actions. But they
> are still not quite the same thing.
>
> Comments?
[Vivek G Gupta]
MIH_Configure_Link is another primitive we have, that comes close to doing
some of these things. MIH_Switch is likely to be deleted since it has
duplicate functionality with other MIH_Handover_xxxx primitives.

[guojx] Agree.MIH_Switch needs to be deleted, it so confuses us.

We could other options to MIH_Configure_Link instead of adding yet another
MIH_Set_Status.

Kind Regards
-Vivek