Re: [802.21] question on MIH event subscription

Subir,

> I think you are saying that MIHF should generate events as
> well. This is not what we have in our current draft where it
> says "Events that are propagated by the MIH to the MIH
> users are defined as MIH Events" (page 38, L11).

That (MIH events can originate from MIHF itself) has been my
understanding for a long time. In the draft, we have text explicitly
describing that. For example:

[p-17, l-15]

"5.3.1.1 Event origination

Events may originate from the MIHF (MIH Events)... "

[p-37, l-46]

"Events that may be relevant to handover may originate from MAC, PHY or
MIHF ..."

My read on the line you quoted (page 38, L11) is that it basically says:
link pass-thru events are defined as part of MIH Events. It does not
mean to say: MIH Events are only limited to link pass-thru events.

regards,
-Qiaobing