From: ext Junghoon Jee [mailto:jhjee@ETRI.RE.KR]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 1:45 AM
To: STDS-802-21@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [802.21] MIH Protocol Message Naming Issue

Hi all,

There is a missing protocol message and its corresponding primitive from
the current MIH protocol messages and primtives.
In my understanding, the use of second word in the MIH Protocol and
primitive was to denote the direction of them, like from MN to PoS,
between PoSs and from PoS and MN.

The current rule is like below:
1. "MN" to denote that this message is originated from MN toward PoS.
2. "Net" to denote that this message is originated from PoS toward MN.
3. "N2N" to denote that this message is exchanged between PoSs.

For an example, the word of "MN" from MIH_"MN"_HO_Candidate Query
Request is to denote that this message is originated from MN toward the
Serving PoS.

However, currently we do not define the MIH_N2N_HO_Candidate_Query
Request/Response even though that message is exchanged between Serving
PoS and Target PoS.
Moreover, the MIH_Network_Address_Information does not follow this rule.

Any thoughts?

Junghoon