Re: [802.21] terminology clean up needed for link parameters and QoS parameters

Nada,

>> 1. When dealing with link measurements, we do not pass the parameter
>> to the link; instead, we pass thresholds set against a parameter to
>> the link and hope that the link will a) take the measurement, b)
>> compare the measurement with the thresholds, c) decide to indication a
>> threshold-crossing event.
>>
> I would say, that depends on the semantics of the primitive used. It is
> the case for Link_Configure_Threshold, but not for Link_Get_Parameters
> and Link_Get_Parameters. Wouldn't you agree?

Maybe we are talking about the same thing here:

thresholds:
we pass them *to* the link (subject of Link_Configure_Threshold); we
don't get thresholds *from* the link

measurements:
we get them from the link (subject of Link_Get_Parameters); we don't
pass them *to* the link.

regards,
-Qiaobing