Re: [802.21] MIH Protocol Message Naming Issue

Dear All,

A branch on the "MIH_XXX_HO_Query_Resources" Topic.

This question occurs to others and me a lot of times.

"Why can't HO_Query_Resource be an Get_Information?"

One response was "because HO_Query_Resource are more dynamic, the
Information Server/Service is for more static information."

Can it be different? Is MIIS a separate repository that 802.21 defines
as Information SERVER? Or is MIIS is an Information SERVICE that any
MIHF may support if possible?

The draft doesn't limit the possibilities. However, it seems that the
minds lean toward central static database.

IS is a part of the MIHF. Most of the time I think of IS
as a big central database. But is it reasonable that a MIHF has a
little local IS that is not updated into the big central database and
this little local IS can be queried by another MIHF? Therefore, the
"dynamic" information may or may not be inserted into the big central IS
database.

Open for discussion. Not trying to delete/change primitives :)

And of course, we should always stop somewhere.

Best Regards,
Alice

--
 Yuu-Heng Alice Cheng <yhcheng@research.telcordia.com>
 Research Scientist, Information Assurance and Security