Re: [Mipshop] WG last call on draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps

Hi Robert,

(cc'ing to 802.21)

Thank you very much for leading the Design Team.  I have one comment
below.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 04:48:10PM -0000, Hancock, Robert wrote:

> In terms of the relationship with .21 work, I guess that WG
> consensus means "mipshop thinks that producing a solution that
> fits the role of the MSTP is a useful thing to do". We hope
> that a solution for the MSTP will be useful for .21 - but
> I don't see how mipshop can *decide* that, it's a matter for
> .21 to judge.

There is a specific set of requirements on L3 transport of 802.21,
which is described in Annex D of P802-21-D04-00.  MIPSHOP solution for
this problem scope needs to meet those requirements to be useful for
802.21.  From 802.21 perspective, I think that the most important
thing in this WG Last Call is to make sure that the requirements
described in draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps covers the 802.21 requirements.

Best Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba