Questions relating to MIH messages

Title: Questions relating to MIH messages

Dear all,

I have few questions relating to messages of 802.21. Couple of them are relating to the Link Parameter Report List whose data type is LIST(LINK_PARAM_REPORT) named on page 206 in D07.00. How to build LINK_PARAM_REPORT and what is its type name. Does it consist of parts LINK_PARAM_TYPE (table B-4) and value for that?

Valid range of type LINK_PARAM_GENERAL (table B-4) contains following link parameters: speed, signal strength, SINR, throughput and packet error rate. What are the speed and throughput?  In table B-8 throughput in QoS data types is defined as a type for maximum information transfer rate achievable. Does it have the same meaning also in type LINK_PARAM_GENERAL? Can speed be understood as nominal capacity of the link or the current bitrate calclulated based on bytes sent and time?

The final question relates to the data type LIST(DATA_TYPE). For example how to build following list: LIST(NETWORK_TYPE_AND_MAC)? I have understood that NETWORK_TYPE is first element of the list and MAC another. Am I right?

We are doing an implementation and a testbed of 802.21. If someone has, for example, publications relating to MIH implementation and MIH testbed, could you please inform me where I could find it/them. I would like to see them.

I would be grateful if someone could answer the questions above and thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Esa Piri
VTT - Technical Research Centre of Finland
Esa.Piri@vtt.fi