RE: [802.21] New Study Groups in 802.21

802.21 Members,

Thank you for your response in electing the Officers for these two new
Study Groups in 802.21.

We have three candidates who have expressed interest in Chairing the
Security Study Group; Srinivas Sreemanthula (Srini) from Nokia, Clint
Chaplin from Samsung and Yoshihiro Ohba from Toshiba.
We will hold elections in the September meeting to elect the Security SG
Chair. I shall send out further details regarding this shortly. All
802.21 WG voting members at the September meeting would be eligible to
vote.

Behcet Sarikaya from Huawei is the lone candidate who has expressed
interest in being the Chair of the Multi-Radio Power conservation
Management (MRPM) Study Group. Behcet has been involved in this for
several months and has worked with members in IEEE and others SDOs in
defining this study area. I am very happy to appoint Behcet as the Chair
of the Multi-Radio Power Conservation Management Study Group.

We still need to find people who can act as Secretary for these two
Study Groups. So if you are interested in fulfilling this role for
either (or both) of the Study Groups please contact me or even Behcet,
if you are specifically interested in the MRPM SG.

Further, contributions are invited related to the work of these two
Study Groups for the September meeting in Hawaii. If you would like to
get a meeting slot for your presentation please let me know by Sept 10,
AOE.
All contributions for SG activities are due by Sep 14, 2007 AOE.

Best Regards
-Vivek