Re: [802.21] Security SG Conference Call on Oct. 11, 2007

Let me explain what happened in yesterday's SSG teleconference.  The
bottom-line is that we followed the IEEE rules.

When the teleconference was called to order by me at about 9:10pm EST,
Clint indicated the issue with the periodic beeps and possibility of
conference recording as mentioned in his email.  So we immediately
suspended the teleconference and started to resolve the periodic beep
problem.  One of the participants who booked the bridge contacted to
the bridge operator and it was confirmed that the bridge was
apparently NOT configured for automatic recording but somehow the
beeps came out.  I explained this to the participants, and we started
the teleconference under the periodic beeps but with no recordings.
Then the bridge started to create noises in addition the beeps.  We
decided to switch to another bridge with the same bridge numbers but
changing the PIN.  After switching to the new bridge, all problems
were gone and the teleconference was resumed at about 9:45pm and ended
before 11pm EST.

The teleconference minutes will be submitted shortly.

Best Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba