Re: [802.21] Two categories of "security"

I understand the general problem of security bindings in roaming
architecture.  As far as I know, the problem has been solved by each
roaming architecture that require security bindings among
communication components.  In a roaming architecture where EAP is used
for network access authentication, a bootstrapping mechanism has been
defined for each roaming application such as link-layer security and
Mobile IPv6, using EAP keying.  On the other hand, 3GPP has GBA for
bootstrapping 3GPP application security from UMTS AKA.

A bigger question in terms of 802.21: In which roaming architecture(s)
should MIH services be provided?

Yoshihiro Ohba