Re: [802.21] IEEE 802.21 - DVB Integration Presentation

Hi Daniel,

many thanks for your comment, and sorry for the late answer. I
understand your concerns on the issue. In most terms I also agree with
you that up to now, there was nearly no contact between DVB and other
technologies, and if it existed this was at the service layer, which is
the easiest and fastest way to solve some problems. Nevertheless we are
convinced that the things are changing and there is a strong convergence
of broadcast  technologies and traditional telecommunication. I hope to
be able to go more into the details during my presentation.

Additionally, about the return channel, you're also right that it is not
within the scope of IEEE 802.21.  We will consider during my
presentation what kind of implications this need of return channel might
have on 802.21. However initially, we see only  minor modification needs
(and even those are not really required), which might be required
regarding the return channel. Instead of that we should rather focus on
DVB-H as it is. Information gathering from DVB itself such as technical
information enabling the connections, services, and other handover
related information is of great importance, which is in fact the basics
of IEEE 802.21.  And media independence is also the very basics of .21.
We should first focus on those and only then and only if really needed
consider return channel for DVB. I will also try to go into details of
this subject during my presentation.

Best Regards

Burak