RE: [802.21] Security SG: Scope issues (MIH-level Security)

I agree that the study group should include within the scope of the PAR, the requirements on where transport security must be applied and recommend at least one set of transport security protocols and their settings (authentication, encryption, etc.). Including this would address system level security and interoperability.

However, if the question is when security should be applied at the application (MIH) level rather than at the transport level, I struggle to identify any case. Transport level security is probably sufficient to protect MIH messaging, even authentication.

Maybe, optional additional integrity can be placed on some information elements by signing. E.g. The MIH agent could sign information it collects such as location and battery level.

Regards,
Ron