MIHF ID usage

Title: MIHF ID usage

Colleagues,

Can we frame some rules for the usage of the MIHF ID. There is some concern about the use of one of several possible MIHF ID's by a single device.

If the MIHF ID may be some unique value such as FQDN, NAI, some have proposed IP address, MAC address, etc. then a UE will have potentially several unique MIHF IDs. What are the requirements on the UE (or the network node MIHFs) to use the same MIHF ID within a domain? How about within a network? Within a registration lifetime, command service exchange, event subscription lifetime, or within IS exchanges?

As we begin the MIH security work, the MIHF ID and its use will come under closer examination. It would help if we clarified the above.

BR,
Michael