Re: [802.21] Mutual authentication requirements in SSG

Hi Perets,

This topic is important for SSG TR.

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 01:54:07AM -0600, Feder, Peretz (Peretz) wrote:
> Michael: We actually were planning to use IS in 802.16 before the 802.16
> full authentication, if now required we may loose the pre-authentication
> network entry flexibility.

This leads to an issue on whether the security feature to be defined
by a new project (if approved) should be mandatory to use or option to
use.  We may need to define it as option to use at least for IS,
considering the 802.16 usage mentioned above as well as GAS usage in
802.11u.  We may need to investigate the same issue for ES and CS as
well.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba