RE: [802.21] PAR for Security related Amendments

Vivek,

I didn't participate in these discussions, and am concerned about the chosen path and about your statement below:

"In case we don’t meet the above base spec completion timeline we would have to file for PAR extension for the base spec.

The base spec may then be interpreted as not being close to completion or being relatively unstable at that point of time."

Why is there concern about the stability of the draft at this point?

The suggestion of a separate 802.21.1 group if correctly presented below, is a suitable solution given that this is perfectly acceptable within the process and separates the dependencies. There would be no need to create an amendment and cancel the separate group, as the security group could proceed to conclusion and generate its document.

The processes are here to serve the volunteers who are creating the standard, not the reverse.

Best Regards,

Michael