Two Questions of standard IEEE P802.21/D9.1

Hello everyone,

I am new here.  Recently, I studied standard "IEEE P802.21/D9.1", and
I have two questions to ask:

Q1. The SAP "MIH_Link_Actions.request" has 2 entries: (MIHF_ID and
LIST(LINK_ACTION_REQ)).

According to Table B-4, LINK_ACTION_REQ is derived from
SEQUENCE(LINK_ID, CHOICE(NULL, LINK_ADDR), LINK_ACTION,
LINK_AC_EX_TIME), and LINK_ACTION is derived from
SEQUENCE(LINK_AC_TYPE, LINK_AC_ATTR), their definitions are listed in
Table B-5 and B-6 respectively.

Let's take a look at the flow chart in page.270, here the
SEQUENCE(LINK_AC_TYPE, LINK_AC_ATTR) in MIH_Link_Actions.request
should be (0: NONE, LINK_SCAN), is it right?
If it is, then in page.271, what is the content of
SEQUENCE(LINK_AC_TYPE, LINK_AC_ATTR) in MIH_Link_Actions.request?
If the SEQUENCE here is (4: LINK_POWER_UP, DATA_FWD_REQ), then why the
link is "powered up" here?
If it isn't powered up, then how can we do the "LINK_SCAN" in the
MIH_Link_Actions.request in page.270?

Should we modify the definitions of "4: LINK_POWER_UP" and add a new
definition "5: CONNECT" for LINK_AC_TYPE in Table B-5?
Then the definitions of LINK_POWER_UP and CONNECT may be "Turn on the
radio and cause the link to power up" and "Establish L2 connectivity"
respectively.

Q2. The SAP "Link_Up.indication" has 5 entries: (LinkIdentifier,
OldAccessRouter, NewAccessRouter, IPRenewalFlag, Mobility Management
Support).

Although the 4 entries (OldAccessRouter, NewAccessRouter,
IPRenewalFlag, Mobility Management Support) are optional, they are
layer-3 parameters. This indication is generated by layer-2, then
should these 4 entries be listed here?

Thank you for your attention, I am looking forward to receiving your reply.

Shunneng Yang
Software Engineer
Information and Communication Research Labs, ITRI
Tel. : +886-3-591-2286 (O)
E-mail: aaroh0407@gmail.com