From: McCann, Stephen [mailto:stephen.mccann@roke.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:39 AM
To: Yoshihiro Ohba; Dennis Edwards
Cc: STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: [802.21] FW: MIH fragmentation recommendation

Dennis, Gabor,
        I also agree with Yoshihiro, in that its better to define an MIH
fragmentation
service within the MIHF, as you have no knowledge of the specific media
type beneath.

For example, there are use cases where 802.11 would utilise the MIHF
without IP being
established, and in this situation 802.11 can not provide SAR facilities
over its air
interface.

Kind regards

Stephen