interoperability question in 2145

Hi Anthony,

With regards to Tony's concern about how the protocol can be exchanged
at L2, we could add text in the proper sections that says (note the
striking similarity to RFC 4798)

MIH protocol over IEEE 802 Networks

   This is an optional transport mapping.  There is a need to carry MIH
protocol
   directly over an 802 LAN transport in order to allow for the
   communication of mobility signaling when the IP infrastructure is not
available.

   MIH protocol over IEEE 802 networks has some inherent restrictions.
Using
   the MIH over an IEEE 802 transport mapping restricts messages to a
   single logical IEEE 802 LAN, bridged LAN or VLAN.

Serialization

   MIH messages are serialized, as described in Section X of this
specification.
   The resulting serialized message is shipped in the data portion of an
IEEE LAN MAC frame.

(((depending on our fragmentation solution, add ...

Fragmentation

	MIH messages are fragmented if needed, as described in section X
of this specification. The resulting fragmented message is shipped in
the data portion of an IEEE LAN MAC frame. )))

Well-known Values

   Serialized MIH messages are sent in IEEE 802.3 frames with an
   Ethernet type field of MIH_ETYPE (hexadecimal MIH_ETYPE ).

   When serialized MIH messages are sent in IEEE 802.3 frames (and in
   other IEEE 802 MAC frame types that can natively represent Ethernet
   type values), an Ethernet type field value of MIH_ETYPE (hexadecimal
   MIH_ETYPE ) MUST be used as the link layer protocol identifier.  In
IEEE
   802 LANs that use LLC as the means of link layer protocol
   identification, such as IEEE 802.11 Wireless LANs, the SNAP
   encapsulation method described in subclause 10.5 "Encapsulation of
   Ethernet frames over LLC" in [IEEE802] MUST be used.

   (((Depending on how fragmentation is handled... If opting for a fixed
non fragmenting solution then add...

   When an MIH entity uses this transport mapping, it MUST be capable
   of accepting MIH messages of at least MIH_MIN octets in size.
   It is RECOMMENDED that implementations be capable of accepting
   messages of up to MIH_MAX octets in size.  Implementation of larger
   values is encouraged whenever possible.)))

IEEE 802.3 Frame Format

                0                   1
                0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5
               +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+