Re: [802.21] IP relevant information in 802.21

Dear all,

many thanks for your answers. The reason why I asked this question was
that the people ask me why a layer 2 standard should deal with layer 3
problems? This breaks down the border and makes the addition of new
information even from higher layers possible in case we think that they
are relevant to handovers. The main question is where is the boundary of
adding such type of information into a layer 2 standard?

In fact I answer those questions somehow, but the "reasoning" of the
group while deciding about the inclusion of such information is also
important for broadcast handovers. It shows the boundaries of the
standard in terms of using information related to other layers. We might
also need such information, but I am not sure to what extent it is
reasonable/possible.

best regards

Burak

--