    Data: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:37:18 -0400
      De: Ashutosh Dutta <adutta@research.telcordia.com>
 Assunto: Re: [802.21] IMS with 802.21 and MPA
    Para: Carlos Rodrigues <cmjr@iol.pt>
      Cc: STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG

Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
But (the MPA server) can be attached to S-CSCF, like 802.21 as application server, no?
Carlos, it depends upon what specific functions of MPA server you are planning to utilize. If MPA server provides the tunneling functionality, buffering, and configuration agent functionality then it needs to be at the edge of the network. Ideally, there is MPA server functionality on each network (subnetwork) to provide mechanism such as pre-configuration, pre-authentication etc.

I am not sure if we should continue this discussion on the list or we should better discuss it offline.

Thanks
Ashutosh

And in the client? Communicates with MIHF and a higher layer transport unit (e.g. IP based), right? (as presented in the image)

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1927/mobileagentexample.jpg

-----------------------

Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
That upcoming paper is based on MPA framework and implementation drafts (from Mobopts TG)?
And when will be available?
Yes, it is based on MPA draft that is under IRSG review right now.
The paper would be accessible publicly around the conference time.

I want continue my work but have these 2 questions: about MPA client on (mobile) terminal and MPA server integration on IMS Core Network...
If you read the MPA draft, ideally the MPA server should be closer to
the edge of the network, thus in this case, closer to P-CSCF, if you
have the P-CSCFs in a distributed manner.

Thanks
Ashutosh

Carlos Rodrigues (Computer Science BSc student)
ESTG - IPL
Leiria, Portugal

----- Email de adutta@RESEARCH.TELCORDIA.COM ---------