Heterogeneous Wireless Backhauls

Dear all,

As you might remember, we have been making a series of presentations on heterogeneous wireless networks, which had started as a mesh discussion in November 2008. So far the feedback from our working group has been positive (last straw poll in July: 16 yes, o no, 2 abstain for a study group) and - as those of you who are attending the meetings are aware of - we have been planning to have a study group for this purpose. However, the relevant motion was postponed since a long time due to our internal problems. Finally, during this meeting we would like to have the motion. A relevant email has been already sent to the EC for their consideration.

Please find more detailed information on the history and the scope of this proposal attached to this email.

Hope to see you in Atlanta!

Best regards

Burak Simsek