[Fwd: Nikolich comments on 802.21 Single Radio Handover PAR under consideration at NOV09 Plenary]

FYI..

regards,
-Subir
--- Begin Message ---
Vivek, Subir,

Please circulate the below comments to your WG regarding the draft Single Radio Handover PAR.

Regards,

--Paul

1) Upon reading the PAR and 5C I don't think the 'Single Radio Handover' title is the best one for this PAR as it doesn't accurately reflect the proposed functionality. I suggest a more appropriate title is along the lines of 'One Radio Transmitting at a Time Handover' or something similar.

2) It concerns me that the draft PAR/5C has been considered by relatively few members for too short a period of time. It appears that the 1st and only time the draft PAR was discussed was at the Sept09 interim session where relatively few WG members had an opportunity to understand the draft PAR/5C and vote on it. I'm sure the draft PAR will be reviewed as part of the NOV09 session and another WG vote taken on the draft PAR/5--please bring that new vote to the EC on Friday.

Regards,

--Paul
--- End Message ---