From: Gupta, Vivek G [mailto:vivek.g.gupta@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 4:27 AM
To: STDS-802-21@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.21] News from Nov-2009 802EC Closing Plenary

The 802EC has approved both of our items in the Closing Plenary on Friday November-20:

[1] The Single Radio Handover PAR was approved unanimously (13/0/0) and will be forwarded to NesCom for further consideration

[2] The request for new 802.21 Study Group "Management of Heterogeneous Wireless Networks" was approved as well (10/1/2).

     There were some comments regarding the scope of this project and how it aligns with 802.1 from Tony Jeffree.

Best Regards

-Vivek

Vivek Gupta

Chair, IEEE 802.21 WG