Declaration of candidacy for IEEE 802.21 WG Vice-Chair

Dear Colleagues,

After having participated in 802.21 for a few years, I believe I have the knowledge and skills to help advance the group as Vice-Chair and therefore I would like to announce my candidacy for the position.

I have more than 10 years of standards experience and I have actively participated in different IEEE 802, IETF and 3GPP groups throughout these years. As you are aware, I have not only contributed technically to the group but also I have demonstrated my leadership skills in different areas like chairing the 802.21b Task Group.

I know that the past year has been bad for the industry and the standards development in general, mainly due to the world’s financial crisis. However, I’m confident that better times lie ahead and that this group can have a very interesting role in defining new emerging technologies. The 802.21 Working Group has the advantage of having a broader view of the different link layer technologies, while still keeping a deep knowledge of each one of them. Hence, the group is very well positioned to address the needs of future heterogeneous networks.

In the Vice-Chair position I will work hard to help the WG Chair, TG Chairs and WG members to enhance the baseline specification with current and future amendments, and I will help the Study Group Chairs to create new Task Groups. Also, I will promote 802.21 concepts and technology in other standards groups and industry fora, so that products can benefit from this technology.

I look forward to having your support and will be glad to hear from you any suggestions you may have to make this group more productive.

Below you will find my affiliation details.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Zúñiga

InterDigital Communications, LLC

1000 Sherbrooke Street West