Visa to india - info

Dear all,

We have received concerns from certain participants that they are facing some difficulties in obtaining an Indian Visa. You would appreciate the fact that it is mainly due to the security concerns and the officials are enforcing the guidelines strictly. In my opinion after going through the requirements, I believe that the required documents could be furnished in all cases. For example, those who are applying from US should submit a birth certificate, and US citizens born in other countries should provide a birth certificate or any other government issued documents to prove the birth place and date. In China they require the registration certificate/PAN card of the inviting organization, in this case CEWiT, which can be provided on request.

FYI, as and when we received request from the participants, we have written to the Indian Embassy in some cities in certain countries. For example, we have written to the Indian Embassy in Beijing, Shanghai, Gaungzhou in China, Tokyo in Japan, Tel Aviv in Israel, Moscow in Russia. Since one of my colleague is in Beijing, he is likely take up the issue with the Indian embassy there. We are trying our best to help you out in this regard.

Details of the visa requirement of the respective indian embassy can be found in the following official link of government of India. Please follow what has been mentioned in this link

http://india.gov.in/overseas/indian_missions.php

Note that in some places the visa processing is out sourced to private agencies, and this information is also available in the above link.

Regards
klutto