Re: [STDS-802-21] NISTIR 7298 link

Hi Charles,

(2012/07/19 7:04), Charles E. Perkins wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Here are some materials on secure multicast.
>       http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/msec/charter/
>
> Please let me know whether these are applicable,
> and what else might be needed for securing
> wide-area multicast.
>
> While I do see that neighboring MIH domains have
> use cases for multicast, I am confused about how it
> might be that such use cases could apply to groups
> of networks with thousands of PoSs.

If IP multicast is always available to support groups
of networks with thousands of PoSs, then we should just use it,
but my point is that is not always the case (i.e., there may be some
router that does not support IP multicast).  I think application-layer
multicast can fill the gap.  On the other hand,
application-layer multicast does not have to be based on RELOAD/DHT.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba