FW: [802SEC] March 2014 IEEE 802 LMSC Election/Appointment Notice

Dear Members,
Please note the following important announcement from LMSC Chairman.

Regards,
_Subir

Dear EC members,

Per the LMSC P&P sections 3.1 and 4.0 all 802 executive committee members are elected or appointed and confirmed at the first Plenary session of each even numbered year.  That will occur at the upcoming March 2014 Plenary session.  Please circulate this notice to your Groups to remind them of this, hopefully prior to the upcoming interim meetings later this month.

I will stand for re-election as Chair of 802. If I am re-elected, I plan to appoint the individuals currently filling the 802 Officer positions:
first Vice Chair-Pat Thaler, second Vice-Chair-James Gilb, Recording Secretary-John D’Ambrosia, Treasurer-Clint Chaplin, Executive Secretary-Jon Rosdahl,. Futhermore, I plan to appoint the individuals filling the non-voting positions of 802 Member Emeritus-Advisor-Geoff Thompson, Hibernating WG 802.17 Chair-John Lemon, Hibernating WG 802.20 Chair-Radhakrishna Canchi,. Finally, I plan to appoint ECSG OmniRAN Chair, Max Reigel until such time their PAR is SASB approved and the project begins under the 802.1 WG.

Details on the process and the 802 appointed officer positions are attached.

Regards,

--Paul Nikolich
Chairman, IEEE 802 LMSC
IEEE Fellow