From: Khatibi, Farrokh [mailto:fkhatibi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:22 AM
To: STDS-802-21@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-21] IEEE Patent Policy Changes

Dear Colleagues,

Sorry that I missed the Atlanta meeting. I will probably miss the Berlin meeting as well, but I hope to see you all in Hawaii.

The purpose of this email is to bring to your attention that the IEEE Standards Association has developed modifications to the patent policy portion of its bylaws. These changes are up for approval by the IEEE Board of Directors at their February meeting. If approved, these changes will have significant impact to the value of engineering innovation in the IEEE standards. Please check out http://www.advancingengineering.org to learn more about these changes, how they were developed, and how you might express your views.

Cheers,
Farrokh