FW: [802WCSC] Link for Daejeon Hotel Reservations

Please note the following important announcement.

Thanks,

_Subir

From: Bob Heile [mailto:bheile@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2017 3:27 PM
To: STDS-802W-CC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802WCSC] Link for Daejeon Hotel Reservations

Hi all-

Please forward to your groups--

Here is the link for the Daejeon Hotel Reservations. http://www.ieee802.org/15/pub/Hotel_Information_MAY17.html.

I am repeating here what is on that page. These reservations can only be done by completing and emailing a form or calling. If anyone feels uncomfortable about emailing credit card info, I suggest they call to make reservations. If  sending the form via email, I suggest using "Reservation Request for May IEEE802W Meeting" in the subject field.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ACCOMMODATIONS:

On this page, you will find two links to the hotels we are using for the May Interim meeting in Daejeon Korea. One is to the Lotte City Hotel, Daejeon Convention Center and the other is the ICC hotel.  Both hotels are within one block walking distance from the Daejeon Convention Center.  We have 200 rooms at Lotte City and 50 rooms at ICC (20 doubles and 30 singles) at our group rate.

The links will take you to forms that need to be filled out and returned to the hotel.  They do not provide online booking services until 2-4 weeks in advance of arrival date, which does not serve our purposes.  The Lotte City allows full cancellations up to 2 weeks in advance, and ICC 3 days in advance.

ICC includes a minimal breakfast, whereas Lotte City offers a more comprehensive breakfast.  Breakfast will not be available at the Convention Center. Be aware that, since these blocks have no financial penalty associated with them, in room Wi-Fi might not be included in all room categories at no charge.

Also be aware that these are the only two hotels close to the convention center. To ensure you are able to stay near by, do not delay in making your reservation.

This will become part of the Meeting Registration Page later this month when we have a firm budget and the final logistics for Visa Letters where needed, but meanwhile, we felt it important that people secure their space early since convenient hotel options are limited.

All the Best

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D

Director of Standards, Wi-SUN Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Specialty Networks
Chair IEEE 2030.5 Working Group for Smart Energy Profile 2
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications

11 Robert Toner Blvd, Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@xxxxxxxx