Re: stds-802-handoff: L2 Triggers and the IETF

Michael,

One of the current deliverables of the DNA WG is a document that catalogues
existing hints that can be gathered from the current link-layer
technologies. This document does not call for any changes on the link-layer
technologies, hence it is not targeting IEEE 802.21's consumption. [the
feedback from this group is highly appreciated though].

One useful output of the DNA discussions would be that the experience we
gain can be fed into the link-layer designers as requirements or
nice-to-have features. We talked about that, and the WG decided not to
include an official deliverable for this purpose. I personally believe that
producing such a document would be useful and doable.

Regards,

Alper