Subject: CEN-CENELEC-ETSI Smart Grid Coordination Group
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 01:41:30 +0000
From: Law, David <dlaw@xxxxxx>
To: James P. K. Gilb <gilb@xxxxxxxx> <gilb@xxxxxxxx>
CC: Moira S. Patterson <M.Patterson@xxxxxxxx> <M.Patterson@xxxxxxxx>, Bill Ash <w.ash@xxxxxxxx> <w.ash@xxxxxxxx>, Karine Iffour <k.iffour@xxxxxxxx> <k.iffour@xxxxxxxx>, Paul Nikolich <p.nikolich@xxxxxxxx> <p.nikolich@xxxxxxxx>, Bob Grow <bob.grow@xxxxxxxx> <bob.grow@xxxxxxxx>

Hi James,

As part of my MSP activities in Europe I became aware of the CEN-CENELEC-ETSI Smart Grid Coordination Group's First Set of Standards published in November 2012 <ftp://ftp.cen.eu/EN/EuropeanStandardization/HotTopics/SmartGrids/First%20Set%20of%20Standards.pdf>. This activity seems to be similar to the NIST catalogue of Smart Grid standards. On review of the CEN-CENELEC-ETSI document I noted a number of issues, for example I see that IEEE 802.3 is not listed as a subscribed access network in Table 77 despite it containing a number of subscribed access specifications. I'm sure you will be able to find issues in respect to references to IEEE 802 wireless networks.

With the help of IEEE-SA staff, it has been established that we can submit comments on this document through ETSI. Based on this I wondered if you would be interesting in adding a review of this document to the IEEE 802.24 TAG activates - I'm happy to commit to gather comments from the IEEE 802.3 perspective.

Best regards,
  David