[802.3_100GCU] 3m and 5m Channel Data

I submitted several files recently that have been posted to http://www.ieee802.org/3/100GCU/public/channel.html.  I have received several questions about the files and would like to clarify for everyone.

  1. The files are of 2 cable assemblies(1X 3m and 1X5m), the paddle cards, connectors and test boards.  The test boards were constructed of Nelco 4000-13 SI and have 60mm of trace each (for a total inclusion of 120mm).
  2. I hope to have a calibration file in the next few days that will allow de-embedding of the board traces
  3. The testing was run from 50MHz to 40Ghz with 10Mhz steps on a 4-port VNA.  The test setup uses ports 1-3 as one pair and port 2-4 as the opposing pair. (i.e. 1-3 are TX and 2-4 receive for an SDD21 measurement)
  4. The files are broken up by receiver and end.  P1 RX0 therefore is the P1 end (chosen arbitrarily) and contains all the inputs to the RX0 pair.  This would indicate that TX0 would be the insertion loss, and the other aggressors labeled accordingly.
  5. The files are all .zip files.  Any file that is extracted or downloaded as a .zpp file should have the extension changed to .zip.  Extracting the zip files for each PxRXy should yield 3 subfolders IL, FEXT and NEXT.  All channel data can be extracted from the .s4p files contained within those folders.
  6. The data is public and you are welcome and encouraged to use it in any simulation or presentation that will help further the discussion in the study group.

Please contact me for any further questions or concerns

Thanks

Mark Bugg
Project Engineer
Molex Incorporated