Re: [802.3_100GCU] WebPage Updates

Just to be absolutely clear, for the benefit of everyone in the study
groups:

Objectives are just a convenient tool to help us with the work.

Objectives will, in no way restrict the contents of the standard or
force any contents into the standard.

You could write the entire channel model into the objective, it would
not make any difference.

If, in the future, 75% of the Task Force wishes to write the standard
differently, then they will write the standard how they wish.
Coincidentally, the same majority in the Task Force will also change the
objective.

Furthermore, 75% of the Working Group must approve the ballot as well as
the changes to the objectives. Lastly, 75% of the sponsor ballot pool
(who don't care about objectives) must also approve the standard.

Conversely, if at any point in the process, we cannot get 75% approval
for a draft that meets the objective, then the draft will not progress.

In summary: please write simple, clear (and short) objectives that help
those on the periphery to understand the broad goals of the Task Force.
Save your big technical guns for discussions on the details when we
adopt baselines and draft text.

Hugh.