[802.3_100GCU] Let me introduce myself

I am new to this reflector and I would like to introduce myself. My name is Walter Katz, I am Chief Scientist at Signal Integrity Software, Inc. We develop signal integrity and channel analysis tools, as well as develop IBIS AMI simulation models, and offer signal integrity consulting services.

I am also an active member of IBIS, and it is this hat that I will wear as a contributor to this reflector. IBIS currently has two major efforts underway. IBIS Interconnect SPICE Subcircuits (IBIS-ISS) is a subset of HSPICE that the EDA vendors plan on supporting. Interconnect models  (this would include package and connector models) the IBIS-ISS syntax will work properly on the major vendors simulators. IBIS-ISS has been submitted to the IBIS Open Forum for discussion, and the plan is to ratify it in several months.

IBIS-AMI is a SerDes modeling methodology that allows IC Vendors to distribute accurate, high performance simulation models, while meeting the performance requirements to simulation very long data patterns. IBIS AMI was part of the IBIS 5.0 standard ratified in 2008. The AMI portion of IBIS is now going through a major review and update process.

IBIS has set up a reflector specifically targeted for developers and users of SerDes buffers that support backchannel communications from the Rx buffer to the Tx buffer. There are a number of e-mails that introduce IBIS AMI modeling, I am preparing a BIRD (an IBIS enhancement) that will document how model makers should write IBIS AMI models that support backchannel, and how EDA tools can use these models.