[802.3_100GCU] Reminder - Request for Presentation Time

All,

As a reminder - Requests for presentation time must be made two Fridays preceding the meeting.  For the May Interim meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by May13, 2011.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the May Interim, presentations must be submitted by May 17, 2011.

TO resolve the reach objectives, I am hopeful we will receive a number of presentations on this issue.  From a backplane perspective, Slide 3 of Megha’s recent presentation speaks volumes -

http://www.ieee802.org/3/100GCU/public/ChannelData/TEC_11_0428/shanbhag_03_0411.pdf

At both extremes individuals might argue that there are broad market potential issues.  Further, some will argue that at the –KR channel extreme – technical feasibility could be a big issue, while others may argue that the scaled – KR channel could have to deal with economic feasibility.  And lying in wait is the coding debate, so many are anxious to start!

I remind everyone of the Straw Poll at the end of the March Plenary meeting –

Straw Poll #6: I support the goal of requesting PAR at the July 2011 Plenary.

          Discussion that meeting this goal will require significant work from the SG participants

          Approved by voice without opposition.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 100 Gb/s Backplane and Copper Cable Study Group