[802.3_100GCU] A few thoughts before next week's meeting

Dear Study Group members,

This reflector hasn't really been used much for discussion, and I thought it might be a good time to initiate some.

I was reviewing the presentations on the web site and would like to offer some suggestions/considerations for your feedback.

In dambrosia_01_0511:
- The project title on page 2 doesn't differentiate itself from what 802.3ba did with 100G over copper cable. The project scope on page 4 does a much better job of this, and I would recommend using similar wording with respect to the number of lanes. The proposed edit would change the title to be, "Physical Layer specifications and Management parameters for 100 Gb/s operation over four lane Backplanes and Copper Cables"
- On page 4, there should be a space between "Std" and "802.3ba-2010".

In gustlin_01_0511, the bend radius and diameter are called out as important questions to answer relative to the 5 m on 24 AWG twinax. The presentations diminico_01_0511 and bugg_01_0511 appear to only mention electrical properties and not mechanical. It would seem that the mechanical requirements (bend radius, diameter, weight) would be some of the key questions to answer for gustlin_01_0511 and to satisfy frazier_01_0511 broad market potential response.

Feedback and other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad Booth
Independent